Dog Training World Forums Obedience Training Phase 1 Obedience "Easy" command Reply To: "Easy" command

• Davis Tran

November 26, 2016 at 6:34 pm

So glad you brought this up Rick! I don’t have an answer but I have also been very interested about this topic as well.

Sorry, I don’t mean to hijack your question, just wanted to add to it since you are bringing up this topic.

I have seen/heard trainers use “easy” during dog-dog socialization. A lot of time it just seem instinctual for someone to just call out “easy!” and of course the dogs respond, maybe due to the distraction and the tone of voice more so than actually understanding the command “easy”. But I also know some people teach it systematically. Some use a harness/leash to reinforce the command by not allowing the dog to continue playing/rough housing until they are calmer while saying “easy”, and some use low level e collar to reinforce the command as well.

Like Rick said, I’m also very interested in knowing the steps in teaching this from start to finish as well as how to reinforce it fairly and effectively so that the dog actually understand the command. Thanks 🙂