Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems General Aggression Problem Discussion Food For Thought Re: Off-Leash Dogs, From A Non-Dog Owner Reply To: Food For Thought Re: Off-Leash Dogs, From A Non-Dog Owner

• Kimberly Velez

February 4, 2023 at 6:27 am

Off leash dogs with poor to no training and recall are an almost daily occurrence where I walk my dogs and it drives me crazy.There’s signs posted everywhere to keep dogs leashed but nobody ever enforces it.I’d be lying if I said I’ve never let my dogs run in a back field unleashed but if I see anyone heading our way my dog is recalled and leashed.I’ve had people running in circles around myself and my dog chasing some yapping little dog more times then I can count and while I don’t agree with everything in the article out of control dogs are a huge nuisance.I was talking to someone about it recently and back when I was younger most people in my neighborhood didn’t bring dogs out they stayed in the yard and rarely went anywhere and us kids knew which yards to stay out of.Maybe it goes with the whole purely positive movement that people just don’t discipline dogs and as someone who’s worked in a school district for 34 years definitely a change in many children’s behavior too.