Dog Training World Forums General Dog Training Discussion Miscellaneous Can Dogs and Cats Can Be Happy Together: Study on Pheromones Reply To: Can Dogs and Cats Can Be Happy Together: Study on Pheromones

• Cyndi Cross

August 15, 2022 at 2:59 pm

Hi Rachael, thanks for your reply.

I have a good book on Essential Oils: The Animal Desk Reference II: Essential Oils for Animals (Melissa Shelton, DVM), and am extremely cautious about what I use in my house and around Frankie & Lacey. Because of my lungs, I don’t burn scented candles (which can be extremely toxic to animals); make several of my own cleaning products, and only add certain essential oils which I know to be safe for the furkids to be around. My home & I are as fragrance-free as possible because breathing just isn’t one of those “optional” life functions … 😆

On our next Vet visit, I may suggest Valor, and see if she’s willing to try it. I’ve found it on Amazon (Young Living), and am not opposed to trying it to see if the furkids & I can tolerate it – so, “thank you.”

I’m curious as to where your pheromone research leads you – so please share when you are able. I’ll keep doing my own research as well, because the topic intrigues me – but also because I don’t want to blindly jump into something that will end up hurting my furkids.

Again, thank you for your response!