Dog Training World Forums Community Conduct Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here Reply To: Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here

• Chad Mashburn

March 2, 2022 at 11:20 am

I feel like the IACP has a more well written and easier to understand list. Where the APDT is broken down a little better but doesn’t really have a list of the rules. APDT has about 2 or 3 good rules then talks more about complaints and how to file a complaint. Also maybe I missed it but I really didn’t see anywhere in APDT about the dogs quality of life.

1. Conduct themselves in a honest and trustworthy manner

2. To treat every client and every animal with respect.

3. Do not take on any client or service in which you are not qualified or competent about.

4. Continue educating yourself on training techniques and animal behaviors.

5. Be transparent with client about your training methods.

<font face=”inherit”>6. </font>Confidentiality<font face=”inherit”> agreements must be signed before any media is posted of clients and/or their dogs.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>7. Do not conduct or promote any actions in which will hurt the training business or provide </font>falsities<font face=”inherit”> that is not supported by years of research.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>8. Do not provide opinions of a dog’s future based on what you can or cannot do, always seek the help from a more qualified professional before requesting a dog be put down.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>9. Be selfless – This business is about improving the quality of life and relationship between an owner and their dog, NOT about just filling your pockets.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>10. Do not publicly slander or bash </font>colleagues<font face=”inherit”> in the profession for their training methods. </font>