Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Fear Aggression Fear/Protective Aggression Incident Reply To: Fear/Protective Aggression Incident

• Cyndi Cross

February 2, 2022 at 11:58 am

Hi Shoko,

I was actually working on my response to Pablo when I saw yours come in. Thank you so much for your input & perspective. I believe my response to Pablo, may have covered your “five cents” (I 😍 how you put that!) as well; and I think that you and I are on the same page as far as treating my situation as if having a child placed in a bad situation, and the best way to respond to it.

We each (my brother & SIL and I) live 3 hours from my parents house; so it wasn’t a situation where we could just pick up and leave – believe me, if we could have immediately left, we would have …. but, my parents are in their mid-late 80’s, we were there for the weekend, and my brother & SIL only came for the day. Alllllll family gatherings that involve my SIL seem to start with a disruption that she creates – which is why gatherings rarely occur, and why we have lived in the same city as my brother for 8.5 years and have seen them twice.

I won’t be putting Lacey in a position of being around the SIL again, and have already told my mother. She understood & agreed. Mom & Dad love Lacey, and Lace loves them – and, frankly, Lacey is just more important than willingly placing her in an uncomfortable situation that could end poorly for everyone.

Again, thank you so much for your input. I deeply appreciate all perspectives from the trainers here.