Dog Training World Forums General Dog Training Discussion Miscellaneous Possible: calmness amidst provocation? Reply To: Possible: calmness amidst provocation?

• Cyndi Cross

November 13, 2021 at 10:05 pm

I can’t speak to the calmness protocol; but, out of curiosity – are some of these people maybe trying to “rescue” your dog(s) from being “locked up” in your vehicle? We have people here in STL who will break out vehicle windows to “rescue” a dog that isn’t in any actual danger. I had to stop taking Zoey with me on errands if I had to leave her alone in my truck for a few minutes. We would run my errands, then head over to PetsMart or PetCo to go sniff around for a bit, and then sometimes to the puppy park to play. I was always extremely cognizant of the temperature, finding a shady spot, making sure she had plenty of ventilation, water, and how long she would need to be left alone in my vehicle … but because of some of these people (and the fear that someone would break out my truck windows trying to “rescue” her) – I had to stop.