Dog Training World Forums Community Conduct Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here Reply To: Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here

• Allie Dellosa

April 12, 2021 at 5:07 pm

The guarantees/ lesson plan is difficult to predict. The only thing I can guarantee is that i am in invested in their success. I can explain what the training can achieve and what I want them to have, but I always tell people that their progress is entirely up to them. In fact I just had a puppy completely do a 180 in progress because as she was doing better they totally stopped practicing leadership and were carrying her around and having her on their lap ALOT. They were also not practicing obedience consistently. She came over after a few weeks off (due to family emergencies and weather) and was meant to go from P2 recall into P3 but she wanted NOTHING to do with her handler, so we did something else but we had to pump the breaks.

Also the vet thing is tricky because not all vets are the same and they don’t all know about nutrition or holistic treatments, so their feeding plans and choices of treatment are sometimes super wonky…. but I can only make suggestions, if they ask me and even then I tell them that I can only provide them research info and they should make their choices based off their comfort level.