Dog Training World Forums General Dog Training Discussion Miscellaneous Heel o Rama with my kids, and a lil command structure practice Reply To: Heel o Rama with my kids, and a lil command structure practice

• Allie Dellosa

July 20, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Art, Hi! They have both done phase 3 heel all over the place (in higher stimulation environments we keep it very short and sweet for Stormy Rogue is much more confident in social settings….she has literally been everywhere….even Disneyland)…they totally understand the correction. We are now adding in the conditioned punisher. The slow step, however.. both dogs were taught in phase 1…so they know to look for the leg to slow down and speed up. Stormy is more efficient in heel seeking than Rogue (black dog)…Rogue was trained before I started FSDT and was taught to sit every time we stop…so there is some confusion there we are reconditioning…although she did learn the position from a Theresa video.

Both dogs are at a 5 stim level very low for heel in the back yard. We have practiced some escape conditioning on the street right in front of our house this is about our 3rd lesson. We are moving very slow…