Dog Training World Forums Obedience Training Phase 2 Obedience Phase 2 commands on leash Reply To: Phase 2 commands on leash

• Dustin

June 16, 2020 at 12:38 pm

Hey Craig,  I’m going to preface this by saying I’m not an expert, I’m still learning like everyone here.   It does look like you are starting to understand the order of the command structure so your doing a good job there.  Have you started to fill out an obedience chart for Blitz?  https://dogtraining.world/knowledge-base/obedience-chart/  It looks like you are floating around phase 1 and some early phase 2 depending on the specific command you are using.  I would go through the chart with Blitz and mark down what you’ve done so far.  Some of the earlier stuff you can mark off quickly if Blitz already knows it.  For example he knows what a sit position is so you don’t need to lure and mark the sit anymore,  you can mark it as done but I like to at least go through the motions a couple times to make sure that you aren’t skipping steps.  Having the chart will help us to understand exactly what step in phase two you are working on for each command.   You should re-watch the leash ninja video with emphasis on the second half where Mike talks about leash pumps.    How far into the FST 4.0 video course have you made it so far?  It looks like you are off to a good start and Blitz seems like a good dog, I’m excited to see your progress in the future.

Obedience Chart