Dog Training World Forums Behavior Problems Dog Anxiety Stress behavior! Reply To: Stress behavior!

• Dave Page

December 2, 2018 at 10:55 pm

After a set back today I am starting to think it is possibly combination of fear of being rehomed, going back “home” and/or dog parks.

He was having the behavior today when I pulled up to talk to a client, when he saw all the dogs they had he got extremely excited, bouncing around the cab like mad wanting out to play. I didn’t let him.

When we got home he started doing the same thing coming up our drive. We sat in the truck until he calmed down. The minute I let him out, before I could stop him, he went straight to the dogs I have let him engage with, which he hasn’t done in a while, completely ignoring all canine etiquette and cut off signals like he did when we first got him, as though they should all be wanting to play with him. Had to intervene and start controlling his movements again.

Also set his behavior back towards Lexi acting as though she is in estrus.  Which hadn’t seen in a month or so.

I’m at a loss how to recondition or take to extinction as it seems scenery is what sets it off.