Dog Training World Forums Behavior Problems Fearful Dog and Puppy Help Extreme fear and anxiety over smells Reply To: Extreme fear and anxiety over smells

• Dave Page

August 30, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Not rotted. In the video in my hand was a piece of rawhide with hair on it.

I took a piece of different skin I keep in freezer for training other dogs to trail acting all excited, as soon as he caught wind of it he tucked tail and ran. Won’t go near the out building freezer is in now. No amount of coaxing or persuasion will get him near that building now.

I know we haven’t had him long. Since found it out been working on counter-conditioning, because when he is outside it stresses him so bad he can’t enjoy himself.

Thought we had made progress until I took him for a walk this morning. I didn’t even think about where I was walking him, as I removed the hide a couple days ago, he suddenly lunged backwards and started biting the leash. Wondered what spooked him until I saw him looking and trying to avoid the area where the hide had been 2 days ago.

The area I took the video in. The entire back area, He will not willing go there, even though it has been removed for 2 days, because he can still smell it. Has a great nose!