Dog Training World Forums Behavior Problems Fearful Dog and Puppy Help Puppy Being Agressive to Older Dog Reply To: Puppy Being Agressive to Older Dog

• Sharon Blakeney-McDonald

May 16, 2017 at 12:07 pm

When dealing with aggression issues muzzle are advisable for the safety of others. I just like to mention here in case you are not aware of it the first step to using a muzzle is conditioning a dog to wearing it. Mike use to have a vid on here how to do this but I couldn’t find it. In phrase 2 training with a halter is a similar vid where Teresa show you how to condition the pup to wearing the halter instead. I have in the past given it a try of desensitisation a reactive dog I use to owned but I found it very difficult at times to avoid unexpected situations that would trigger him off to react. For desensitisation and counter-conditioning to work your dog need many successful repetitions where it will only take one time for your dog to react that set your training back. Doing this in a “reactive dog class” does give you the control environment that would prevent this happening. Hopefully Mike will spot our conversation and can give us his input on how best for you to manage the situation if you are not in a position to be able to attend classes.