Dog Training World Forums Behavior Problems Fearful Dog and Puppy Help Puppy Being Agressive to Older Dog Reply To: Puppy Being Agressive to Older Dog

• Sharon Blakeney-McDonald

May 13, 2017 at 10:17 am
    1. Welcome Michael. Your puppy would definitely benefit from attending puppy classes. I had this problem myself with a pup I was training where she was also showing aggression towards strangers/other dogs and found by attending a leash manner/greeting classes it did help towards solving her issue. This class was done in a control environment where all handlers and their dogs on leash were taught how to approach each others by keeping your attention on the dog owner and not staring or forcing yourself upon their dog. Often staring and walking straight towards a dog is a behavior that can be taken as a threat to them. Rotti being a guarding breed are also known to be assertive… your pup being half Rotti may explain her pushy aggressive behavior with your older dog. It seem your older dog is trying to teach your pup when enough is enough. It would be best if you take charge and seperate them. Your pup is being pushy/dominant and this may end up in a hierarchy disputes the older and stronger your pup becomes. It is up to the pack leader to keep the peace. My suggestion is go to the self help section on this site and read through it. Also you could go to the knowledge base  to the leadership chart and read the section on leadership there. Most all canine behavior can be prevented and solved through leadership. I hope this is of some help to you – if there is any other members or trainers with other comments I love to hear them too.