• Jose Moreno

April 17, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Hey guys,

As far as remote collars go ive used em all; including the martin collars.

The only brand that I have found to be consistent in quality, output, and consistency have been the dogtra collars. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired however.

Any feedback or output issues with most collars can usually be attributed to bad placement and/or poor contact with the dog.

Be sure you have the right contact points for your dogs fur length, the collar is placed properly on the sides of the dogs neck (not directly on the trachea), and that the collar is making good skin contact. I find replacing the strap with a bungee strap helps alot.

A good trainer should be able to find the dogs baseline (when the dog first perceives the stim from the collar) pretty quickly and the behavior responses should be very consistent if all the above criteria are met.

A word on brands. Im not affiliated with any one group but I heavily favor dogtra collars over any other collar. And like I said ive used most all collars; dogtra, martin, educator, garmin, sportdog, etc. Only the dogtras gave me consistent results. This is anecdotal of course but it is through many many experiences.