Dog Training World Forums Obedience Training Phase 3 Obedience Off Leash Help Reply To: Off Leash Help

• Sharon Blakeney-McDonald

June 13, 2016 at 4:01 am

Ah, yes… thanks Judy.  I do keep the remote collar on Tazer for all off leash outings as I like knowing I have that 100% back up to be able to correct him for disobeying. I have use the booster on my collar but that’s because he had gone into drive and there was no way his working low level stim would have got his focus back on to me to follow my commands. I will be using the escalating corrections too at Tazer next lesson with Nuno for his aggression at strangers  as at the moment he is overriding his working level of the remote to re-focus back onto barking at them while doing the heeling command… even with the “Leave it” he does do the command but then he goes straight back to focusing on the strangers to bark at them. I will try the sequences of the commands first before adjusting the level of the remote collar higher… last training session we did it trying treats and flat collar corrections but he keep breaking the command and I was just continuing repeating myself.  We are going to use the e-collar for this training as its less emotional for me then the prong collar. Thank you for your helpful advice here.