Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Fear Aggression When to put down… Reply To: When to put down…

• Tina Garuc Garuc

April 28, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Wow, I guess he would guard his toys and bed and food. If another dog came into the house he would want to eat him alive. When he was 6 mos. old he grabbed the neighbors dog by the neck a small white terrier. Thank God I when I yelled Rocky he let go. So, I know not to let him near any dogs. We have 3 parrots and he used to snap at one, now he does not go near the cage, I think one got him and he stays away.

He does not go on the furniture. He goes on the bed in the computer room, for that is the room he is locked up in when we have work done in the house for a longer period, otherwise he is crated when someone comes over.

I am finding that life with Rocky won’t change, I just keep him muzzled and always aware of our surroundings when outside. I do have guilt if I went to put him down, for he is loving and listens in the home and outside as long as no stranger is around. Being we live in a rural area it is not often that we come upon strangers it is just now with the nicer weather people walk on the road. I am always on the look out if someone is walking and return him into the house. We are not close to the road about 60 feet down from the road.

If there is something I can do, that would teach him I am the leader, please guide me to that solution.

Thank you for your help.