• Davida Grayson

April 5, 2023 at 8:27 pm

Update: <font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”>I agree there is some leadership issues. I may have become more dependent on her emotionally too.. Not good for her. I have shifted my behavior. She is has improved on walks. Mike said let her be a </font>Doberman<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”> and I stopped yelling at her to shut up. It seems like she is barking less in yard now. I will tell you, that on walks and she sees another dog she doesn’t growl much and a split second later she’s ready to attack. Her tail is docked but her ears are not cropped. Her ears are up. Hackles up. Her Target is about 10-15 yards from her.</font>

At home when she is in the yard she vocalizes. She growls in the yard that leads to a bark but it is brief. That varies between a bark that sounds like dying rooster. That is the only way I can describe it 🙂 Then she has the guard dog behavior with a low tone growl. If someone is in the yard she doesn’know she runs toward them with teeth bared. If the person is outside of the fence she likes to what I call “sport barking”. She saves this behavior mostly for the UPS guy. She has a little fun barking at him while running along the fence for a short while. Funny she loves the FedEx guy. Trying to get that video. The only person I could use is my brother who is out on tour with his metal band or whatever. But as soon as I can I’ll post one. I would love to get everyone’s opinion.