Dog Training World Forums General Dog Training Discussion Miscellaneous How to handle leaving a DT community you no longer agree with Reply To: How to handle leaving a DT community you no longer agree with

• Allie Dellosa

January 28, 2023 at 11:13 am

Hey, OMG do I understand where are you are coming from, although the community that I left was more on the Koehler method side of things. It is very important to me to represent ethical training and standards of education….now that I know about them!! If it were me, I would ask to cancel my membership and have my name removed, and if they keep the money…..consider it a donation towards a lesson personally learned. If they ask why, I think a simple “I am changing career paths” is what I would say. I agree with Cyndi, in that I want to shout from the rooftops what I am learning and get everybody on board…. I do shout from the rooftops…..not everybody is on board lol….but I can sleep at night and I know that with every dog that I meet, I have the opportunity to make amends and be accountable for the way that I behaved around animals in my past. It is a profound thing to learn about, and embrace, a new way of doing things! Good for you!