• Arthur Lopatin

January 15, 2023 at 7:02 pm

“The obedience training has boosted his confidence and he is viewing the command as the safe space. I am usually super careful and wary of mixing dogs and kids…but this felt right and his body language was so sweet.” Thx 2 u Jacob’s got a good life ahead of him, now that he’s learned how to negotiate the world. I just read the wikipedia article [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dane] and a few others. Evidently they were used as hunting dog, specifically, chase dogs, and guard dogs. I wonder if some of the predatory fierceness hasn’t been bred out of them. Jacob’s a sweetie pie. Far as I can see, the only danger he poses is knocking down a kid or an adult who’s unsteady on his legs when he, affectionately, jumps of on them, and maybe if/when he counter surfs.

I’m glad Nicole’s gonna walk him. BTW, did ya check out Great Dane Health issues and figure out how best to avert/alleviate them? Only real question I have about that beautiful session is: was his tail a little more tentative than usual???

Great stuff!