• Pablo Afcha

February 4, 2022 at 10:31 am

Thanks a lot for these words, I will dig carefully in all this info.

It makes a lot of sense to me what you say about skipping steps on the aggression cycle and that creating confusion and making people think it is a neurological issue.

What I don’t understand is why the same dog presented a submissive behavior several times when I corrected him before in very similar scenarios with other dogs or even with people.

He also didn’t show a dominant language before and I’m not sure about this last part because I’m just talking from my experience but most of the dogs I worked with, when they tried to attack me because of a dominance issue, they never went to kill. I had dogs with that kind of energy but it was usually triggered by a predator mode and some how this one was different.

So that gets me confused.

I will go deep on the streams you mention and I hope this helps me to have a better understanding.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. One thing that I didn’t mention but it also caught my attention is that when the dog was attacking me and I was struggling to control him another person got into my yard (my wife whom didn’t have contact with the dog yet) and she didn’t even approach but as soon as the dog saw her he tried to charged at her and then continued charging at me. So I’m guessing the dog wasn’t on predatory mode neither.