Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Fear Aggression Fear/Protective Aggression Incident Reply To: Fear/Protective Aggression Incident

• Pablo Afcha

January 30, 2022 at 7:54 pm

The way I see it, there’s no right answer regarding what should you have done about that situation. It all depends of the kind behavior you want to achieve on your dog.

I have an apbt who growls when someone she doesn’t know is coming to my house and I do correct that behavior immediately letting my dog know I noticed she may not be sure about them but letting her also know I am the one looking after us so she can relax. In that way I don’t allow the aggression to escalate, and it only takes a few seconds for her to accept my guests.

I do correct the behavior because I don’t want a protective dog, I rather go for a friendly chill dog.

If you’re aiming for that kind of behavior too I strongly suggest you to work more on socializing your dog, meet and greets are important if you want your dog to be able to relax with people she doesn’t met before.

I sincerely hope this is of any help for you.

Best of luck…