Dog Training World Forums Community Conduct Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here Reply To: Member's Create Our Code of Conduct Here

• Dave Page

April 15, 2021 at 10:01 am

Regarding 7: Glad you brought it up.

I may be odd one out due to location. Probably not something most trainers will ever have to deal with.

Although most would expect clients to manage; However is a minimal containment requirement for clients something we should place in code of conduct?

People have seen me working with mine in the past and asked me to train theirs. I know they don’t all have their dogs in yards from what they have said.

Perhaps at least a fenced yard, kennel, dog run or tie out?

I ask because so many moving from the city to the country where I live let dogs run free. To the extent I have stopped carting past certain distance until i figure something to protect my dogs.

I would necessarily require a common sense standard regarding containment before working with a client otherwise I feel it would be negligent of me, as well as wasting a clients money.

Lax containment regulations and overall decline in respect has led to Free-ranging fad has resultsed in 2 deaths locally in past couple years. Only one close town has a leash law.

Excluding the larger towns what I found so far it is only dogs deemed dangerous which require containment inside a fence thus there are many running semi-feral.

I know for most of us it is simple common respect for neighbors and community…

Just a thoughts running through my head and probably outside scope of code of conduct.