• Arthur Lopatin

December 18, 2020 at 7:47 pm

I think your right about postponing the vet’s visit. I defer to Mike re Level 5 Dominance. He knows far more than I do. Mike also said that the D&T wire muzzle is safer, in case you missed it when you were watching the vid.

But I’m seriously wondering if the owners aren’t exacerbating the problem by doing stuff like using a bed and telling him to go there. Y not use, ideally, a slightly soft mat on the ground or one of these things https://www.amazon.com/s?k=place+cot+for+dog+training&i=pets&crid=PK79ULP44QOJ&sprefix=place%2Caps%2C183&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_5

Dominance==first right to limited resources. letting him go on a bed and then moving away from the bed reinforces this dog’s sense of dominance, which is the opposite of what’s needed. Ditto demanding attention. Ditto demanding to go outside. The more you provide for him on your terms, and the less he feels entitled to demand from you the better.

Bottom line, imo, watch and rewatch the Q&A.. Mike’s got tons of experience w/this kind of thing. Also consider getting protective gloves. Have good leash handling skills. (<b style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; color: red;”>Leash-Ninja Video Overview</span></b>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; color: red;”><i><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>www.leashninja.com</span></i></span><i></i></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>Leash-Ninja Video-Full Version</span></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVerxTYpUnE&t=173s</span></p&gt;
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 115%; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>&t=173s)</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;” align=”center”>Gotta be very careful around a dog like that, but also be calm, aloof, speak in confident, quiet, friendly tone of voice, etc……AND be very careful. ….. question: does he ever give warning signs beforehand or does he just start w/his mouth/teeth? growls, curled lip, etc. at least some of the time? are there times when he does warn and other times when he doesn’t? to be clear, these are my questions. years ago, when I knew very little, I had a Mal-Shep mix who had some dominance issues, and I watched Mike work with dogs with similar issues. so i’m real interested. i hope you keep us posted. I’m sure Mike would be happy to field questions in the Q & A. Good luck!</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; color: red;”>Leash-Ninja Video Overview</span></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; color: red;”><i style=”mso-bidi-font-style: normal;”><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>www.leashninja.com</span></i></span><i style=”mso-bidi-font-style: normal;”></i></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>Leash-Ninja Video-Full Version</span></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center; line-height: normal;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVerxTYpUnE&t=173s</span></p&gt;
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center;” align=”center”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 115%; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin; color: red;”>&t=173s</span></p>