Dog Training World Forums Obedience Training Phase 2 Obedience Leash Manners Reply To: Leash Manners

• Arthur Lopatin

September 11, 2020 at 10:01 am

great lesson. beautiful. your emphasis on getting command structure right was spot-on. but i hate those cloth leashes.  makes it hard to be a good leash ninja. i think that’s y the leash was sometimes a bit too tight and the pumps more from the hand/arm, rather than finger. a good leather leash handled right can be as elegant, precise communication tool as an e-collar. another client-suggestion: relax your shoulder. you tire less easily and have softer hands on the leash if you’re shoulder’s more relaxed. lotta people nowadays tend to have chronically tense shoulders. the more relaxed you are and the better a leash ninja you are, the more fun both you and your dog will have. but it does take time (like learning to ride a 2-wheeler bike or drive a car), and command structure is more imptnt. you aced that, allie, imo. great lesson! i learn a lot just watching. thanks for posting your vids