Dog Training World › Forums › Behavior Problems › Dog Anxiety › Anxiety with Pica › Reply To: Anxiety with Pica
Allie DellosaMemberMarch 23, 2020 at 3:28 pm81879
Hey Josh! Sorry for the delay in responding!
I have had a similar issue with a Rottie pup. Some things I did to help trouble shoot were:
1) Wormed hr with Panacur (specific to her weight)
2) Got her comfy with a basket muzzle (so she could spend time outside with more freedom and less stress….having us constantly grabbing stuff out her mouth and being stressed out in our interactions could prove to be very damaging to our relationship and cause her to run away if she picked up something)
3) taught her a STRONG leave it cue and when out side with her always had a high value treat
4) If we were going outside we tried to always have a plan for some training or a productive play plan to give her something to focus on bathroom breaks = muzzle (we plan a productive play and training session and walk into each day to give her brain positive expansion so she isn’t spinning out and getting dull.)
5) pulled ALL toys and anything “edible” off the floor in house….
Have you read the breakdown on leadership? Here it is! I would read this and inventory your relationship this way….I’m quite sure your dog doesn’t hate you but she may be confused about your expectations and that can certainly cause anxiety, especially in sensitive breeds like Dobs
What is your baby eating (food wise)
I will say that our lil girl has gotten significantly better as she ages she is 6 months old now and we have been through the wringer with her but we are doing so much better now and we haven’t had to make her life suck. Feel free to reach out I’m happy to help in any way I can!