The beginning of the book starts out: "...[E]very normal person loves a dog; it is the heritage of the ages. The man or woman who hates a good dog is abnormal. There is something fundamentally wrong in their psychical makeup."
Dogs as home companions; a book for all dog lovers 1922
- The German Shepherd Dog in Word and Picture – Max von Stephanitz
- Training the Dog – Robert Tell Lemmon,1914
- Expression Studies on Wolves – Rudolph Schenkel, 1947 (and reference to the Mech “Alpha” debacle)
- Working Dogs: An Attempt to Produce a Strain of German Shepherds which Combines Working Ability and Beauty of Conformation – Elliott Humphrey, Lucien Warner 1934
- THE KOEHLER METHOD OF Guard Dog Training
- The New Book of the Dog, 1907 by Leighton, Robert