Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Territorial Aggression Victoria's out of control bulldog Reply To: Victoria's out of control bulldog

• Michael D'Abruzzo

Administrator
    September 25, 2016 at 11:21 am

I watched this episode and I put the clip in the truth about positive dog training video part 1. For sure I would say this is dominance aggression since the dog is showing aggression (not rough play per Victoria) for the son going into the living room where the bulldog has all his resources including toys all over floor, his resting place, and also where the father relaxes. I’m sure he sees the son as a competitor and he does eventually bite him when he is in that area. I wouldn’t classify it as territorial aggression since it is directed at a “pack member” but can seem like it since it seems a certain area of the house is being protected, but you will see dogs guard bedrooms, areas that have their toy box, where they have a bone hidden, etc.. it is more about the resources in this case then the territory. It can even be interpreted that the bulldog is trying to drive the son out of the pack similar to an adult dog may harass a maturing dog that is being viewed as an equal competitor. Either way it would be handled with same plan from a training perspective and the dog needs to be addressed as being handed over a dominant position and can not be allowed to control any humans in the house.