Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Fear Aggression When to put down… Reply To: When to put down…

• Michael D'Abruzzo

Administrator
    May 16, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Hi Tina,

Not sure where to start here… First I want to tell you that I am happy you see results, any results that will help keep Rocky alive.  BUT… this is not best way to do it and you are bound to have side effects by skipping so many steps.

If you do not follow a step by step plan it will be hard for me to help since so many side effects including an attack on you, fear of the training collars, fear of so many things, and potential distrust in you.. For instance 1/2 hour sit stay is too long for any dog.

We need to work our way up the triangle to do it right.  3rd step in our triangle is “attitude”.  It is there for a very real reason I promise.  It stresses PATIENCE, respect, poise, and calm confidence.  Remember, it is my job to be the jerk here, because i honestly care about you and Rocky.  I want you to have a long term quality life and excellent relationship.  Quick fixes will sometimes cause side effects that take longer to fix than if we slowed things down a bit.

Have you done phase 2 training with him?  Ecollar is phase 3.