Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems Territorial Aggression Didjeri, the Blue Healer with Territorial Aggression. Need help with Solutions! Reply To: Didjeri, the Blue Healer with Territorial Aggression. Need help with Solutions!

• Allie Dellosa

August 13, 2023 at 12:59 am

Same home dog aggression cases are difficult. I always start by explaining canine culture, the dog’s expectations, and temperament (breed etc). While we can’t “make a dog get along with another dog” …..just like I can’t make you like who I like (especially if you feel threatened or their presence is untoward) in your home, we can do an inventory of the handling, leadership, and management and see if there are holes to be filled. Then we can practice the pyramid and at the very least: have outstanding leadership and management, at the very best: we can control the dogs together…but it only works if the whole pyramid is applied. My goal for situations like this is to have the owners understand their dog, know the dog’s limitations and have the dog and the aggression become predictable to them. If it is predictable and they feel in control and, like @Mike said, understand the normalcy of it, a huge weight is lifted. It’s definitely a process. What really helped me was diving into the material and taking full advantage of the q and a’s. I still learn so much diving into the updated 5.0 and being all up in the q and a’s…this would be an awesome case to shadow you on and learn from you!