• Cyndi Cross

June 19, 2023 at 6:18 pm

@Jared
    All good things to consider.
    Lacey is a little over 2 (we’ve had her since she was 11 weeks old), and is an only dog (we also have 1 cat). Other than a flying leap from a 10 foot loft (while we out of town visiting friends), landing on the wood floor below, when she was 7 months old – there are no injuries that I’m aware of. She was rushed to a vet, had x-rays and no injuries were found. She bounced back very quickly; although I also know that she could develop residual injuries in later years. However, she has not been protective of the area where she landed (her left side). I give her butt/tail scratches all the time, and she would have let me know if something was painful.

I control all of the resources – where she sleeps … when/how/where/how long we play … her food (what/when/where/how she eats), all the way down to the bone she chews. I can give her a meaty bone & (literally) take the same bone right out of her mouth when I decide that she’s done (whether or not she’s eaten all of the meat) – and, she always gives it up without protest.

Thank you for reminding me that it’s only a problem if it’s a problem for me. I needed that reminder. It isn’t problem, per se … but, a curiosity …but it’s mostly an awful lot of me 2nd guessing my understanding and whether or not I’m seeing/doing things correctly. I hope that makes sense.

@Allie
    Thank you *very* much for bringing some much needed clarity … I really think I’m probably just driving myself crazy focusing on the wrong things … also thanks for reminding me of that stream … I’ll watch it again (it’s been a while).