Dog Training World Forums General Dog Training Discussion Miscellaneous Can Dogs and Cats Can Be Happy Together: Study on Pheromones Reply To: Can Dogs and Cats Can Be Happy Together: Study on Pheromones

• Ken Lebowitz

August 14, 2022 at 11:31 pm

I have a unique situation in my home with our cats and one dog out of the pack. My female Belgian Malinois will constantly search the house to harass and torment only our 2 male cats. She doesn’t bother the female cat whatsoever. All the other dogs in my pack coexist with all the cats with zero problems at all. I for the life of me cannot figure out why she is so determined to get to the male cats and not even bother with the female. Not saying she probably wouldn’t if the female was the only cat to chose from. Because it’s a Malinois and her prey drive is through the roof. I wonder if male cats smell more enticing than female cats for some reason since some people have been talking about pheromones. I’ve tried in several different ways to create a negative association of the male cats to keep the dog at bay with no luck. Just something I thought I’d share with the group since I saw the main topic.