Dog Training World Forums Aggression Problems General Aggression Problem Discussion I slept with my beloved pit bull — until he tried to eat me alive Reply To: I slept with my beloved pit bull — until he tried to eat me alive

• Michael D’Abruzzo

Administrator
    July 24, 2022 at 8:42 pm

Art, this article is a great find for discussion. What happened here unfortunately is not an isolated incident.

Usually, attacks on owners that result in deaths are the ones that mostly make the news, but there are many incidents of owners/handlers getting mauled by dogs and having life-changing injuries that never make the news.

There is always great confusion when things like this happens, but to me it is clear as a bell. I have known of the same exact thing happening many times including to clients I needed to work with.

I would love to hear you and some of the member’s take on this that made it through the leadership module.

What was the “perfect storm” that led to this with this specific dog, specific person, in that specific environment from an ethology perspective?