Dog Training World Forums Behavior Problems Bad Manners Golden mix jumping on other in the backyard Reply To: Golden mix jumping on other in the backyard

• Taylor Bagwell

August 12, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Thanks, guys!

@Allie – Thank you for the video recommendations. I’m going to try and send one to him to watch. Hopefully he’s receptive to it.

@Art – He’s definitely still a puppy, between six to eight months of age, and they got him from Petsmart. I do know that he jumped up on the people at Petsmart who tended to him for pets. My parents were aware of this before they adopted him. My parents are in their fifties and sixties, but in pretty decent physical condition. My initial thought was that he just wanted to play/get attention.

My mother is aware that my dad’s behavior is highly inappropriate and wrong. The 9-year-old isn’t allowed in the backyard alone, but that doesn’t stop her from sneaking out anyway. Right now I’m up to the management section of FSDT, though I have read a few of the resources for some of the other levels, and I have been explaining what I learn to my mom and it makes sense to her. The hardest part I think they have is attitude and leadership, aka bad attitudes and no leadership. The whole family is also extremely lazy. It’s not the heat for the dog that’s stopping the walks mostly, its their own feelings about it. I’m not sure about his diet, but it probably could use modification. They try to kick a soccer ball around and he chases it and seems to enjoy that quite a bit. For the two ball fetch, I actually use that with my dog and he loves it.

Thank you so much for the manuals!