• Sharon Blakeney-McDonald

April 14, 2016 at 2:49 am

Thank you Mike… I’ve learned a valuable lesson here. One is once your dog understand what the correction is and when to use a reward due to your training system then teaching a dog new appropriate behaviours or replacing wrong behaviours with incompatible behaviours can be achieved… amazingly very quickly too. The second aspect you have taught me is knowing when to give the correction and when to give the reward and why it works. You are incredible teacher and this is the first time I’ve walked away from a dog trainer knowing what he meant and why it works. Without knowing  the why for learning obedience exercises then how do you know when to put them into practise and for what reason. I understand now the importance of learning your whole training system from your very first exercise of handling the leash correctly to the proofing stage of being able to control your dog… especially before attempting to advance to any protection dog training that you may be planning to do. I’m so pleased that I came here to be a member of your site.