• Judy B.

July 15, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Hi Andrew, I was reading through your post, I looks like you’re doing a great job.

One thing you could do when you’re eating instead of having to worry about him pestering you…that would actually be a good time to provide him with one if his bones he usually doesn’t get. If he onky gets them at certain times you can use it as a tool to your advantage when you need it. If you want to relax while you eat and you know he really really wants something he’ll be more likely to engage with what you give him at that time. It can become a routine know what he needs and provide him before he “asks”.

For example I know every single night after my dog eats I know he needs something to chew on. If not he starts to pace around and and starts to put his nose in your face. So every night after Orfeo eats, I provide him with something to chew. As long as he has it in possession I leave him with it. Once he drops it and walks away I will then pick it up. Or sometimes I may trade with him and give him something extra special in exchange.

It’s just something you could try. Give him his own spot or place and give him something special to keep him occupied if you feel that’s a time he exceptially wants something.

As long as you have a routine that works for you and is in the best interest of everyone and your dog and he’s being provided with what he needs to feel satisfied it’s all good. Just I tip that I do. 🙂

Keep us posted and let us k ow if you have any questions.